Relax and enjoy the fly fishing, the guides take care of the rest!
We offer excellent river guides who ensure your fly fishing trip is the best it can be. Our guides are experienced and passionate about river fly fishing. They are not only avid fly fishers, but great people to spend the day out on the water with.
- One guide for each two anglers or when fly fishing up the lake one guide for four fly fishers.
- They take care of the details, so you get to relax and enjoy the fly fishing.
- They offer you helpful tips for the right flies, knots, fish behaviors, and casting instructions
With a guide for each two anglers, you can choose a variety of fly fishing experiences:
- You can wade all the different pools and ledges with your guide moving you from shelf to shelf.
- You can drift fish from our flat-bottom jet sleds. Float the river targeting the shelves that hold our big Rainbows. Once at the end of your drift, the jet motor is used to move upstream for another drift.
- Experience the drift boat trip wading the River about 22 km’s. This is a beautiful trip to experience the lower end of the river in faster waters. We float the river, stop, wade, and float to the next spot.
- Float tubes and Flippers On a hot day a float tube on the river is a nice way to spend the day. With full guide support you stop at all the shelves and really work those drop-offs.
- Head up Chilko Lake, park the boat on a pristine beach, fly fish knee deep in clean blue waters, surrounded by majestic mountain peaks and no one for miles.
Dry Fly Fishing Season for scrappy Rainbows is second to none
Our fly fishing season starts mid-June to mid-September with the dry fly fishing season in July and August. We are blessed with the certain knowledge that the consistent dry fly action for large, scrappy Rainbows is second to none.
- Mid -June to July 1 Wet Fly
- July - August Dry Fly Fly
- Sept - Mid Sept Dry Fly to egg patterns depending on weather & salmon
- Mid Sept to end of season ( the river closes for fly fishing from a motor boat as the river is full of spawning salmon)
Recommended Fly Gear to Bring
- We keep quality Sage fly rods and reels at the lodge for your complimentary use in case you need a back up rod.
- For the Chilko River, we recommend a 5-6 weight rod with a good reel, floating line with 100 yards of backing. For Chilko Lake, we recommend a 6-8 weight rod with a 25 foot, type 6-8 sink tip or a full fast sink line. We will send you a detailed list of recommended flies once you’ve reserved .
- Remember to bring a selection of leaders from 2X - 4X with plenty of tippet material, waders, sunglasses, camera, gloves, rain jacket, a hat and warm clothes.
We keep a well-stocked fly shop at the lodge with wet and dry flies, leaders, tippet, floatant, polarized sunglasses, hats, fleece jackets and vests, fly fish shirts, t-shirts, and stuff.